Here we go… 20 Questions With My Better Half
1.If I could change only one thing in my life, what would that be and why?
J: I’d say at the moment you’d probably get rid of your UC as it’d make you more stable.
A: What if I didn’t have UC, then what would it be?
J: I’d say your job because all the other things you want in life will follow that, you wanna be in a job you can turn into a career.
2. In a regular day, what do I find myself thinking about the most?
J: And worrying about money.
A: Aint that the truth.
3. If you could write a song about my life, what type of music would you use?
J: It’d probably have to be a rock song. I don’t know what I’d call it. Okay I’d write a rock ballad for the soundtrack of your life. An 8 minute long epic one.
A: Aww yeah that is very me.
4. If I could eat one meal for the rest of my life what would it be?
J: There’s the obvious nuggets but, bagels and sandwiches? That’s not a meal, this is tricky. It’d be something with chips. I’ll say nuggets and chips.
5. What do I feel is my greatest accomplishment in life so far?
J: Well I’d say on the emotional side it’d be more things like majorly improving your mental state, especially given all the circumstances thrown at you, I think that’s amazing. But then there’s things like singing for over 500 people to raise money for your community, because that’s incredible too. Those are the things that I’m the most proud of you for. And for everything recently, you’ve been so brave.
*Just to break this post up a bit, here’s a photo of me doing my thing and singing for over 500 people with the Bristol band “Rooted” yay*
6. In what settings am I the happiest / most comfortable?
J: Probably here, with me. Or at my house. Just with me basically.
A: Yeah I’d definitely agree with that.
7. What things do I look forward to each day?
J: Food, seeing me, um online shopping, looking at holidays.
8. If I had three wishes that would come true, what would they be?
J: You’d have a successful career, a happy marriage and family and you wouldn’t have UC.
9. What is my favourite thing about you?
J: I’d say how supportive I am.
10. What major regret do I have so far in my life?
J: I don’t know, these are really hard questions. You probably regret going to uni because I think you feel as if you wasted 2 years of your life when you could’ve been doing other things.
A: I don’t really like to live with regrets at all but yeah if I was to have one it’d be uni.
11. What would be my ideal romantic date?
J: Hmm, I’d say dinner on a river cruise in Paris and then a walk back along the river afterwards with a quick stop on a park bench. With flowers. Ooh actually I don’t know. Could be more like valentines day? Like loads of candles, actually yeah I’ll go more for that. Candles, music, love hearts everywhere, photos of you and me.
A: Well I can’t say I’d say no to either…
12. What are my favourite things to spend money on?
J: Clothes, food, me. Think those are the big 3.
13. What are a couple of things that you appreciate about our relationship and why do these things seem significant?
J: This is like an essay question, I could go on for 3 pages here. We’re always very supportive of each other, kind of significant for obvious reasons. We’re very couple-y which I like, it’s nice to feel loved. I like doing fun things together, going places and making memories. I don’t know I like it all really, It’s hard to pick specific stuff because I love all of it.
14. In what situations do I feel most afraid or insecure?
J: Situations where you feel like you aren’t in control. Situations where you feel like you’re going to lose something. And then extremely overcrowded places because you know, anxiety.
15. What is something I’d like to do that I have not done before?
16. What country would I like to visit the most that I haven’t visited yet?
J: Well there’s America but that’s a continent. North America then. Does Disneyland count as a country?…
A: Yeah, why not.
17. Which family member do I most admire?
J: Your nan.
18. At what age would I like to get married/have kids?
J: You wanna be settled by the time you’re like 25, married and have kids I’ll say by 30 but anywhere inbetween those ages.
19. Who are my best friends and why?
J: Marika and Sadie because they’re just your best buds. Me, obviously. Your mum, too.
20. Name 3 odd things that I get excited about?
J: Organization, you get REALLY excited about that. Any dog in any situation. What stuff smells like because you literally smell everything all the time, like bath stuff. You get excited about the packaging of things too and tiny little things in Tiger, kitchen appliances that you have absolutely NO use for. Little random cute things or boxes you can’t fit anything in. The list is endless, really.
A: Imagine what our place will be like when we move in together, cute, organised, mini box galore.
I’d say he got pretty much everything here right. And he still won’t skydive with me 🙁
Also seeing as this post includes Jake, his band Bordello released their first EP yesterday and it’s on Youtube, Spotify and iTunes so if even one person went and had a listen it’d mean the absolute world! Here are some links…
Thanks for reading our 20 questions, hope you enjoyed getting to know some weird/deep/odd facts about me and how much I love food apparently… but hey who doesn’t? My next post will be up on Wednesday evening so check back then!
’Til next time,